The Top 8 Scenic Drives To Take This Fall
Fall is the best time of the year to head out on a pleasure drive! That’s right, the leaves are changing color and there are some beautiful scenic routes in the eastern U.S. waiting for you to explore. Whether you want an adventure or something more relaxing we have compiled a list of 8 places that will be perfect for you.
– The Kancamagus Highway, NH – This drive runs along the edge of the White Mountains and is a great fall leaves adventure! A 34.5 mile scenic drive that is well known as one of the best fall foliage viewing areas in the country. Just remember, you will want to go early in the morning or late at night as it gets crowded during peak times.
– The Blue Ridge Parkway, NC & VA – This drive runs along the Appalachian Mountain range and has plenty of places for stop and enjoy the scenery! With breathtaking overlooks and some of the tallest peaks in North America, this drive is not to be missed.
– Blue Ridge Scenic Byway, TN – An extension of the Blue Ridge Parkway above, this drive is about an hour south of Knoxville and offers some incredible leaves changing color. With many stops along the way it’s sure to be a pleasure ride you won’t soon forget! And don’t forget to check out some local activities like hiking, biking or kayaking for even more fun on your adventure!
– Hwy 150/151 from Lincoln Gap Rd., VT – This route takes place on an old railway trail with views into New York State, giving you some great views of beautiful vistas! This drive is not to be missed.
– Lake Champlain, VT – The Lake Champlain Byway is 184 miles long and consists of U.S. Route 2 through Grand Isle County, U.S. Route 7 through Chittenden County and then south into Addison County. This New England lake will provide some of the most beautiful views you can find! With leaves changing along side this huge body of water, you are sure to enjoy every moment on your adventure.
– Mount Greylock State Reservation in Adams, MA – The leaves here change color at one of the highest points in Massachusetts and also offers visitors panoramic views over three states – Massachusetts, Vermont & New York! It’s no wonder why this place was named after General William Prescott who fought during the American Revolutionary War; it’s truly a historical site with an amazing view.
– Mount Washington, NH – This drive takes place around the tallest peak in New England and provides you with a view of some incredible leaves changing color.
– Skyline Drive, MD – This National Parkway runs along 105 miles of the ridge of the Blue Ridge Mountains and offers leaves changing color in all directions. You can’t go wrong when trying to find incredible leaves at this place.
The leaves are turning reds, oranges and yellows so why not take advantage? What better place than any one of these beautiful drives. Whether you enjoy long cruises behind the wheel or short scenic routes there will surely be something perfect for everyone this fall season!